|What does God say?|
- · Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; That is detestable (Leviticus 18: 22)
- · If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable...(Leviticus 20:13)
- · They exchanged the truth of God for a lie...Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men...(Romans 1: 25, 26)
|Don't disregard His Sacrifice!|
- Does God love people who are gay?
- Is there forgiveness for people who are gay?
There most certainly is! Anyone who comes to Jesus with a sincerely repentant heart is forgiven. Sincere repentance would be seen in a lifestyle change. If there is no change there is no forgiveness because there was never sincere repentance.
- Should we as
Christians allow people who are gay to become members of our churches?
The answer to that is “no”. By allowing those who are openly gay to be members of our churches we are saying they are in fellowship with us. By allowing them to be in fellowship with us, we are saying that their lifestyle is okay and that we believe as they do. This is misleading and may lead others into thinking the sin of homosexuality is okay in God’s eyes.
- Should we as Christians love those who are gay?
Yes, God wants us to love all people. We should encourage them toward a lifestyle which honors God and support any effort they make to do so. We should also pray for them.