Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Born Again"

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

Anyone who has ever witnessed the birth of a child knows that it is indeed a miracle. Life begins when an egg and a sperm so small they cannot be seen by the human eye, come together. Forty weeks later the child is born with his/her own unique looks and personality. What a joy it is for the mother and father of that child when they hold him/her in their arms for the first time. We cannot look at the tiny newborn infant without standing in awe of our Almighty God. What a miracle! What a blessing! What a wonderful gift!

We rejoice at the beginning of a little life so precious and new. As a mother I have always felt honored that God entrusted me with these precious little lives. When my children were small I asked God each day in my prayers to give me the wisdom and understanding to be a good mother, to teach them to love and honor Him, and to help them grow into good Christian young men and women. They are all adults now with their own families. There were many bumps along the road and the road still gets pretty rough for them at times, but God answered "yes" to my prayers.

Jesus compares the day of our baptism to the wonderful excitement of a birth when he refers to it as being "Born Again". Through baptism we are washed clean of our sins by water and the Spirit, connected with God's Word. Faith is planted in our hearts and we become children of God and members of His family. We have a new beginning and new life in Him.

I was baptized into God's family on April 24, 1950. It is a day that I have always taken for granted. However, as I have gotten older and grown more mature in my faith, I have realized that the day of my baptism was indeed the most important day of my life. In the parable of the Lost Coin Jesus tells us... There is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents (Luke 15:10). It is amazing and awe-inspiring to think that the angels in heaven were that excited over on little person like myself coming to faith.

Have you been baptized? If so, do you know on what date you were baptized? If not, look it up and write it on your calendar. It is a day to celebrate. It is the day you were born into God's family. What a miracle! What a blessing! What a wonderful gift! God and the angels in heaven were rejoicing that day just like you and I rejoice at the birth of a child.

If you have never been baptized and are interested in doing so please feel free to email me at grandmapoz@yahoo.com. I will help you connect to someone who can give you more information about it.

By Kristeen - To God be the Glory!                                                                                                 
            

1 comment: